Skin Care Tips for Winter

Tuesday 6 December 2016




No matter how much I love fall season, there is just one thing I am currently battling with and that is dry skin. I have noticed that my skin gets dry during winter and I have tried so many things to keep it moisturized, from applying coconut oil which resulted in me breaking out, to applying more moisturizer which made me exhaust my moisturizer real quick.


The thing is I have oily skin and I recently started looking for natural products to use on my skin, but there are so many products out there and I get overwhelmed easily because I feel like I am supposed to use a certain product.  When I realize that a product that I want to buy is as good as another brand that I'm interested in buying, it leaves my indecisive. Most bloggers give tips and recommend products but for this post " I NEED RECOMMENDATIONS" for natural skin care products. I am usually that girl on Pinterest searching on skin care tips and afterwards gives up because of all the information out there. I have grown to love taking care of my skin a lot but I still haven't found my holy grail routine for a skin that glows. I don't know if this happens to you guys but I think whenever I follow a recipe or steps for a DIY my end product never looks like the pictures posted on Pinterest. I just wish i could find that product that has all the ingredients my skin needs, in one bottle and all I have to do is just apply it and ta da!! skin on fleek :). There is this other part of me that whats to be that DIY girl that makes her own face cleanser, moisturizer, etc.  *wink* lol.

In my quest to solve my skin dryness with an all in one product,  I decided that I would stop using the neutrogena rapid clear cleanser I had been using for years, because it kept drying out my skin after every wash. I took a bold step by purchasing a higher end natural product as a christmas present to myself last year. I got a gift set of  Origins skin care product, It consisted of an eye cream, face mask, face cleanser, day cream and night cream, and it had everything a girl could dream of having all at once to take care of her skin. That was a big step for me considering I had only been using just a face cleanser. You know that feeling of reading all the things a product will do for your skin or just reading the ingredient and thinking oh my! this on my face would be heavenly!



 After my purchase I was so excited! I thought yes! I will be starting 2016 with a bang in my skin care routine, my skin will be looking flawless and all. But as time went by I noticed I was breaking out, the eye cream wasn't reducing my dark circles, the day cream wasn't moisturizing my skin and I was still experiencing dryness that winter. I was a bit bummed and I remember my sister wouldn't stop making fun of me cause I was so hyped about my new purchase. I did like a few of the products that was included in the set like the purifying charcoal mask  and the night cream which left my skin soft and hydrated each night. One thing I have learnt about trying new products is, its always a hit or miss just like going on a date. You either have a good time or you don't and also a product that works for your skin might not work for my skin. But for me I still want to make things work with a skin care product that is perfect for me. I crave to be in a relationship with a skin care product and have my own holy grail skin care tips and routine. 

Long story short, I ended up tossing the products and thought thank God! I didn't invest in the individual products because I would have been pissed if I did and would have the container of products to remind me of my wasted money. I am currently out of the Clinique 3 step skin care system I transitioned to, this product didn't break me out, it was mild and I think its perfect for summer but now the weather has changed I need new skin care products to protect my skin from this dry winter in Texas. I am looking for a new product to try for my oily skin that is craving some moisture as we speak. It would be of great help if you guys can recommend some good natural skin care product for a sister dealing with dryness in this fall season. HELP!!

TIP: If you are looking to try a new skin care brand buy their value set, its cheaper and smaller, plus you won't be stuck with huge tubs of products you barely used if things don't work out. Sephora has some here

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan