Your Spirit Animal

Thursday 29 November 2018


  When it comes to fashion, I express myself through my outfits. It’s a combination of my personality and my mood for the day. Each part of a look represents an expression of my style and my personal emotion. For example, I woke up a few Sundays ago and knew this is the day I had to look good, I don’t know why, but I felt like I had to spend extra time with my skincare routine and my makeup. I also knew I would be wearing my favorite boots that day.
While i was getting ready my lovely :) husband looked at me and said I looked beautiful. I smiled at him and said challenge accepted.  I have always had a thing about mixing men’s wear into my style. I went into his closet which I don’t normally do. I styled an outfit with his clothes and my favorite boots (i will be sharing this in a future post). 



I like to encourage the freedom of expression through style
 because you are not just wearing clothes. 
You are wearing how you feel and your personality. 
Whether it’s appreciated or not, 
you are still expressing yourself and your confidence. 
Today’s outfit is styled with a few trendy pieces. I am currently obsessed with slingback shoes, which I keep adding them to my shoe collections. I am wearing snake print trousers from Zara, a bucket bag from forever21 and since It’s a bit chilly here in Texas, I decided to pair the pants with a lace detailed black sweater from H&M.  
Styling this outfit I felt fierce, and strong because that day I had accomplished a lot. I woke up with a long to-do list for the day. Which started with cleaning, laundry, cooking breakfast, the list goes on. Beyond my expectations, I was able to finish my to-do list with check marks :).  I had lots of time to spare so I put this look together. 
The snake prints trousers represent my fierceness for the day which inspires me to be fearless. The black sweater with the lace detail and the sling back shoes made me feel soft and delicate, contrasting the boldness from the snake print trousers. 
Always remember to express yourself and be who God has called you to be.  

Outfits

Trousers: Zara

Sweater: H&M

Shoes: Zara

Bag: Forever21 

61 comments:

  1. I totally agree that style is an expression of ones self and your look great while embracing yours! Also I am in LOVE with those pants!! 😍

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree about style being an expression of one's self. When I was young and vibrant my outfit usually reflected that. Now that I am a mom my frumpy clothes show how much a slump I am in. I needed this boost. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey jay joy. I am glad this post was able to give you a boost. Remember when you look good, you feel good.

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous outfit! I am positively crazy about your pants! Very stylish add and a comfy look

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! lyosha, and yes those pants are super comfy.

      Delete
  4. Wonderful attire. A must keep in traveler's wardrobe. Looks so comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your photos so much, they're really great. This outfit is everything and I LOVE the style of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I truly love that black sweater--I know I would feel very confident where ever I was wearing it. I tend to prefer clothes that are stylish but also ageless. Everyone has their own style and other then once in a while breaking the mold-should have fun and like what they are wearing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Miki! I totally agree with you. Its always a good to try new things, and I would also add having having statement pieces in your closet is essential.

      Delete
  7. You look absolutely amazing! Huge fan of the black sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the styling of this one. Your outfit really looks good on you! I definitely feel that I could pull this version

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Gilliane! yeh! I am glad you would like to pull off a look like this. I would love to see it when you do. tag me on instagram if you post a picture.

      Delete
  9. I loved the way you have expressed yourself. And yes the entire attire is cool and u look awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those pants are super fun! You look so hip in an easy, breezy sort of way!

    ReplyDelete
  11. you look lovely, the top is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You definitely succeeded in looking especially good that Sunday! The whole outfit is on point and your face has a healthy, happier glow. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thank you! Luci! I really appreciate the compliment.

      Delete
  13. You look amazing! I'm in love with those pants. Totally need a pair ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Sara. Oh yeah, you do need a pair of those pants. I am sure you can find them anywhere.

      Delete
  14. I love the bag! Forever 21 is always a win for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! forever 21 does have a good gems all the time.

      Delete
  15. I love those pants on you! Not sure if I could rock them, but I would love that sweater!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Britney! its ok if you can't rock those pants. I am sure you can pair those sweater with a pair of pants you feel comfortable in and will express your personality.

      Delete
  16. I love those black shoes. Where did you get those? Those black pants look great too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alisa! i got the shoes from Zara.

      Delete
  17. Your outfit is absolutely gorgeous! I am loving those pants on you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. We do have different style but ours is what we think the best one. Great outfit! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Elizabeth! i do agree we all have different styles.

      Delete
  19. You have taken trendy pieces and gave then an almost classic twist. Love the shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great outfit and I love the quote at the end! I agree that what we wear does reflect how we feel inside and by extension, how we go about our day. I used to be in denial about this and think that it was acceptable just to wear a ratty old t-shirt (or stay in my PJs all day) if working from home, but even something as small as putting on a stylish pair of leggings will influence how much I accomplish that day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you kate. I used to think the same way and I could tell the difference in my mood when i just slapped on anything. I noticed that when I pay attention to every single detail while getting ready for the day. it does make a huge difference.

      Delete
  21. "Be who God called you to be..." I LOVE that!!!! I am also loving this look but especially those pants! Love love love!

    Laura
    Black Coffee Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  22. My sentiments exactly...clothes are a way to express yourself without having to say any words. It’s a powerful tool. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great outfit! My daughter is a fan of H&M and Zara so I will be showing this to her and maybe she'll follow your blog to get more ideas. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wait but where are these shoes from? They're perfect! I love how you styled these pants too, such a good look :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bridget! the shoes are from Zara :)

      Delete
  25. these pants are so cool!
    http://www.layersofchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I totally agree with you with the post . Love your styles ! You look amazing .

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm obsessed with those sling back shoes from Zara! I don't have a pair like that, but after seeing those, I definitely need to add those to my wardrobe!! :)
    -Madi xo
    http://www.everydaywithmadirae.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. I definitely can relate to you! I use fashion as well to express my creative ideas and to build confidence as well. It feels very liberating. Btw, I am loving your whole outfit especially your shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I immediately need to get these pants! I love how you styled the outfit and you look aboslutely amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
  30. You wear that outfit so well - I love those leggings! It is nice to express ourselves through clothing. I have to say my style has pretty much gone out the window since having kids, now it is more about being comfortable.

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan