Strong in my weakness

Wednesday 16 November 2016

 
     Do you ever have this feeling of fear that creeps up on you at unexpected moments, all of a sudden you are unsure of yourself and uncertain of your future. You even wonder and ask yourself: will I be able to achieve this goal or vision? Can I do this? Am I good enough? I don't have the qualifications needed to push forward. Believe me I have felt this way so many times but my hope comes from my belief in God and my endeavor to live my life according to his doctrine.

 The devil of course does not quit in his craft of trying to strip us off our identity and image in christ. He does this by whispering lies such as  "you can't do that", "how can you start that vision you have, its too big for you to handle", "you are a nobody". The devil is a liar because God has shown us the truth about about our future in his word, which is that God already predestined each and everyone of us for greatness.

    As I was praying this morning I felt a bit uneasy, a bit anxious thinking will I make it, I have big dreams but how can I do it, then I heard the holy spirit say to me "you are strong in your weakness." I thought long and hard about that. I decided yes I can't live out my dream nor achieve them if I look at myself alone and all the abilities and skills I do not have. Instead I can achieve my dreams with God! The power of God in me will do the work, I don't have to put pressure on myself or worry or be anxious about being someone in life.  Paul a disciple of Christ said in Phillipians 4:13 "I can do all things (which He has called me to do) through Him who strengthens and empowers me to fulfill His purpose-- I am self-sufficient in Christ's sufficiency; I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him who infuses me with inner strength and confident peace.)" 

   Think about it this way, You have been assigned to lead a presentation at work for a very important meeting but you do not like speaking in public. You start to worry about the presentation because you do not want to embarrass yourself in front of your colleagues and boss. Instead of dwelling on this thoughts and letting it take over you. All you need to do is prepare the materials you need for the presentation and by doing this you are also trusting that God's power will manifest in your weakness. Paul also said in 2 Corinthians 12:9 "my grace is sufficient for you (my loving kindness and my mercy are more than enough -- always available-- regardless of situation); for my power is being perfected (and is completed and shows itself most effectively) in your weakness." Therefore, I will all the more gladly boast in my weakness, so that the power of Christ ( may completely enfold me and) may dwell in me." 

Feel free to share and comment on any of your experiences on this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan