Ankara + Denim

Friday 18 August 2017



Hey, guys! How are you all doing? Today I am styling this Ankara top that I received as a gift from my boyfriend's mum. She is so sweet. For those of you who don't know what Ankara is, Ankara is an African fabric with different prints.

Growing up, I didn't wear Ankara nor did I see my parents wear Ankara. So naturally, I was not initially drawn to them or interested in wearing them. Nowadays there are so many ways to rock Ankara. You can couple them with a pair of pants, throw a blazer on top of them, wear it as a dress or as a simple top. There are numerous trendy ways Ankara fabric has been showcased. In fact, there are also a lot of bloggers, like Jennifer Amani out there who rock Ankara in a lot of different styles. In addition, you can find Nigerian designers doing unique things with Ankara fabric.





SaveSaveSaveSave

2 comments:

  1. That top is gorgeous and you wear it so well! I'm not sure I could pull off an off-the-shoulder top, but you look amazing! I love the fit and the bright fabric and the pattern. So cute and looks comfy too :)

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan